Email is still one of the most effective ways to market your business. But it’s also a channel that can feel saturated and cluttered. If you’re not sure where to start with your marketing strategy, asking yourself if email marketing is still relevant in 2022 might help you think about how you can leverage this tool more effectively. After all, there’s a reason so many companies use email as an outreach tool. It works!
Why Email Marketing hasn’t died yet
First, email is still one of the fastest ways to reach your audience. If you want to reach your customers quickly, email is really the only way to do that directly. Many people report opening email newsletters or emails from their favourite brands within a few minutes (or even seconds) of receiving them. The immediacy and speed of email make it valuable for reaching your customers quickly, which also means it’s valuable for responding quickly.
Second, email is still one of the most effective channels for getting people to take action. If you want your customers to buy something, get them to sign up for your email list. If you want them to complete a survey, ask them to reply to your email. If you want to build relationships with your customers, ask them to reply.
With so many actions being initiated with email, it’s still one of the most effective ways to prompt your customers to take the actions you want them to take.
Third, email is still one of the most efficient ways to reach a large audience. If you have a large list and want to send a message to all of your customers at once, email is one of the most effective ways to do so. It’s a cost-effective way to market to a large group of people, and it’s easy to automate and schedule your emails to send out at the best possible times for your business.
Fourth, it’s a way to build trust with your audience. When you share helpful information, respond to questions from your customers, or ask for feedback, you’re establishing yourself as a helpful and trustworthy brand. When you’re building trust with your customers, you’re also setting yourself up for greater long-term success.
3 Strategies to Ensure Your Email Strategy is Effective in 2022
There are a few key strategies you can employ that will help ensure your email strategy stays effective in 2022.
– Choose your email service wisely – The email marketing provider you choose can have a big impact on both the effectiveness and efficiency of your email strategy. Make sure you choose a provider that is reliable, offers features that fit your needs, and is easy to use.
– Segment your list – Make sure you’re segmenting your list so you can send the most relevant and useful information to the people who want it and aren’t annoying the rest of your customers. You can also use that data to make your communications more effective.
– Stay relevant – Stay up to date on the latest trends and news in your industry. What are people buzzing about? What have new research studies revealed? What do your customers want to know? Stay on top of the latest developments, and incorporate them into your emails. And make sure that your content is always relevant to your customers’ interests and needs.
– Ask for feedback – Don’t just be a brand that is sending out content and hoping your customers like it. Instead, ask for feedback and incorporate that into your content.
2 Things to Be Aware of When Using Email in 2022
– People will expect more from your emails – The more you use email, the more your customers will expect from it. They will expect your emails to be personalized, relevant, and helpful. If your emails aren’t any of those things, you could lose customers. Make sure you’re always striving to keep your emails on the high end of the expectations spectrum.
– Email fraud is on the rise – Email fraud is on the rise, and unfortunately, email is a very easy way to perpetrate this fraud. Be careful to safeguard your account information, carefully screen any outside companies you might hire to send your emails, and make sure to always keep an eye on your spam folder and report any suspicious activity. The last thing you need is a hacker getting access to your list, destroying all your hard work and reputation.
The Bottom Line
Email is one of the most effective ways to reach your customers and market your business. It’s also an easy way to automate your outreach and keep your team on track. As long as you choose the right email marketing provider, segment your list, stay relevant, and ask for feedback, your email strategy will continue to be effective in 2022 and beyond.
Dante St James is the founder of Clickstarter, a Meta Certified Lead Trainer, a Community Trainer with Meta Australia, a digital advisor with Business Station, an accredited Digital Solutions advisor and presenter, and the editor at The Small Marketer. You can watch free 1-hour webinars and grow your digital skills at Dante’s YouTube Channel.
Join over 7,500 motivated Aussies and friends for one great tip for your business each Australian Saturday morning — and three ways that I can help you out.
All in under 3 minutes of reading.
Drop your email here >
Stop paying monthly subscriptions for social media scheduling!
Your story is worth sharing on social media without a monthly subscription.
Sociamonials has all the regular features you need in a social media scheduler but with one big difference. There’s no monthly subscription.
Just pay once and you’re done. Never pay again.
You won’t find this deal on their website – you’ll need to get it here.